Commercial Loan Officer
CIC has an opening for an energetic self-starter with commercial lending experience who is willing to learn the intricacies of U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) loan programs and other loan programs offered by CIC; is focused on quality customer service; and is flexible in his/her approach to working with lending partners and borrowers.
Commercial Loan Officer Position:
The primary responsibility is to originate loan opportunities and to manage those opportunities from origination through loan closing with the support of seasoned CIC support staff.
The successful candidate must develop expertise in the procedures, rules and regulations governing the CIC’s loan programs and be able to apply that knowledge to a wide variety of loan opportunities. Specific job essentials below:
- Identify and cultivate new borrower relationships and facilitate the expansion of gross portfolio borrowings through focused sales and referral activity.
- Market to, and expand upon, CIC’s established referral network of bank and non-bank lenders, brokers, accountants, lawyers and other groups.
- Represent CIC at before hours, after hours and weekend outreach, educational and marketing opportunities (e.g. Chamber of Commerce Events, Professional Association events, Small Business Fairs and Conferences, Meetings and Seminars).
- Work with prospective borrowers and lending partners to determine structure, eligibility and other loan program requirements qualifying each loan.
- Advise and assist Credit Department in developing underwriting memoranda including issues such as structure, project and borrower eligibility, and credit issues relating to each loan.
- Manage/Direct and assist in each step of the loan origination and approval process. These steps include, but are not limited to, obtaining a completed loan application package and fee; final program eligibility analysis; business, credit, and financial analysis; presentation of an accurate/relevant transaction profile to CIC’s Loan Committee and Board; and submission to SBA.
- Review underwriting memoranda and SBA applications of other Commercial Loan Officers for quality control purposes.
- Assist Loan Servicing and Liquidation Manager with more complex servicing and liquidation tasks.
- Conduct portfolio site visits when required.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to lending partner and borrower needs; sets reasonable expectations and meets them; consistently focus on end results.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team attitude; Supports organization’s efforts to succeed both financially and in furtherance of the economic development mission.
- Professionalism – Follows through on commitments. Represent CIC in a professional manner in all dealings with the public.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of commercial lending experience or related experience such as within commercial real estate or other finance position.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships.
- Ability to adapt to the processes and work styles of different lending partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn program-specific software applications.
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com